Since I was a child, Seinfeld was my favorite show; and to this day, no other show comes close to touching it. I grew up with the television on. Never really had friends in my neighborhood so I spent my summers and after school evenings with whatever premium channel package my grandparents had. Luckily for me, my grandfather watched a lot of movies so we always had at least HBO. Then at my house (my parents worked and my grandparents watched my brother and I) we had it all and it was like Christmas every day.
Seinfeld is the reason that I am the way I am. There is no doubt about it. I have taken everything from each of the big 4 and somehow molded it into my own. Whether I meant to or not is another story and if it’s a good thing is chapter one in that story. My mom still recalls me watching new episodes with her when I was just a younging and I would laugh along appropriately as if I understood the humor. Maybe it’s my moms fault for allowing me to act like George Costanza at such a young age. If there is any wonder as to where my sarcastic and narcistic humor comes from, it’s from George.
I watch Seinfeld every single night whether it’s on DVD or TBS, it’s on in my house. I will always prefer watching with my mom because we will quiz each other on trivia about the show or try and rewind so we can see how bad of an actor Jerry really is. Without Seinfeld, I don’t believe that I would be as colorful as I am. Without Seinfeld there would be something missing.
So with that I want to share some of my all time favorite moments
- Lemon Drops
- The marine biologist speech
- When George starts singing Downtown
- “Newman, you wouldn’t eat broccoli if it was deep fried in chocolate” — Jerry
- Is soup a meal?
- “I can’t date myself! I hate me!”
- When Kramer and Jerry’s shower loses its power and their hair is matted down
- George giving up sex and he because a genius…. then teaches Derek Jeter how to hit better
- “I’m middle aged, balding and live with my parents. Wanna go out with me?”
- Of course, everything Art Vandelay
I had a hard time finding an ending to this but I think the perfect way to end this is with the best piece of advice anyone has ever given me. I’m using it right now at work.